You want your money to help you achieve as many life goals as possible. TCB is ready to support you with sound advice, attentive personal service, the right account and loan options, and efficient online tools.
build your savings
If you have an eLife checking account or Student Life checking account, TCB’s eLife money market offers an opportunity to set aside and build some savings. Your interest rate will increase based on the amount of money you keep in your account. If you maintain a $1,000 minimum daily balance in your eLife money market, not only will you earn interest, but we will waive your monthly account maintenance fee. Please note that a customer must have an eLife checking account in order to open an eLife money market account.
- $25 opening deposit
- $1,000 minimum daily balance is required to avoid a monthly maintenance fee
- $8 monthly maintenance fee if the daily balance falls below $1,000
- Account will be automatically linked to existing eStatement profile
- Transaction limitations: transfers from an eLife money market account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic, telephone, or computer transfer or by check, or similar order to third parties are limited to six per monthly statement cycle.
Or, if you prefer, stop by your nearest TCB branch to open an eLife money market account in person.
bigger balance, bigger rewards
Maintain a daily balance of $2,500 and earn interest without fees. Your interest rate continues to increase with a larger balance, with a preferred interest rate on balances $25,000 or greater.
- Minimum deposit of $2,500 is required to open an account
- Monthly maintenance fee is waived with a minimum daily balance of $2,500
- Interest compounded monthly
- Unlimited deposits and withdrawals at any ATM or in person at any of TCB’s branch offices
- Limited check writing ability
To open your Preferred money market account, visit your nearest TCB branch.
commit to earn
A Certificate of Deposit (CD) offers a better interest rate than a savings account without putting any of your principal at risk. A safe, secure TCB Certificate of Deposit is FDIC and SIF-insured.
A CD is issued by TCB to a customer who deposits money for a specified length of time.
- Terms range from 91 days to 5 years
- Minimum deposit as low as $500
- Choose to have the interest you earn reinvested in your CD; have it deposited to your TCB checking, savings, or money market account; or choose to receive your interest payment by check.
- Penalty applies for early withdrawal
To deposit money into a CD, or to get our help deciding which CD option is right for you, visit your nearest TCB branch or call 617-325-2900.
*APY= Annual Percentage Yield effective December 6, 2017. Annual percentage yield is based on monthly compounding of interest. Rates are subject to change at any time without notice. Fees may reduce earnings. A penalty is imposed for early withdrawal from a certificate of deposit (CD) account.